Terms and Conditions
These are the terms on which we sell all Products to you. By ordering any of the Products or Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before placing an order. If you wish to clarify this or any other terms and conditions please don’t hesitate to contact us through the contact page of our site.
- www.katephipps.com is owned and operated by Kate Phipps, 28 Dordon Close, Shirley, B90 1AH.
- “Website" means www.katephipps.com and www.katephipps.co.uk
- "You", "your" and "yours" means the person(s) accessing the Website.
- "We", "us" and "our" means Kate Phipps Jewellery.
- “Goods” and “Product(s)” means items or services for sale on the Website.
- “Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out below.
A contract is formed between you and us when you place the order for Product(s) on the Website by pressing the "order and pay now" button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website. Clicking the "order and pay now" button commits you to the purchase of the Product(s). You will receive a receipt for the Product(s) via email.
Ordering and payment
- Payments for orders made via the Website are processed via Stripe www.stripe.com, a secure online payment processing company. Payments made via Stripe are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Stripe is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification.
- All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card via www.katephipps.com, unless we agree on other arrangements. We will not dispatch your order until we have received confirmation of your payment. If you wish to pay by a different method, please get in touch to discuss other options.
- You can use our website to place an order by selecting the product you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket before you complete your order. If you prefer to order by telephone you can do so by calling 07740 340601.
- When placing an order, you agree that any and all information given is accurate and complete.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability of Product(s)/raw materials.
- An order may be rejected if a pricing or product description error is identified.
- Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible or may incur additional charges or delays.
- In the case of any Products made to your special requirements, for example but not limited to, rings, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- The description of the Products is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only. As all Products are handmade, there will inevitably be small discrepancies in the Product(s) supplied.
- All Products which appear on the Website are subject to availability. Some Products are made to order, and therefore have a slightly longer lead time before they can be dispatched. If you need an item by a particular date, please contact us before ordering to check your timescales can be met.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
- This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the Goods or Services.
- Your right to return products does not apply to Products made to your specification that have been clearly personalised. This includes, but is not limited to rings, bracelets, necklaces made to a size or length you have specified.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the Goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 07740 340601.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the Goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. If you cancel your full order, this includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied.
Please see our Returns Policy for further details.
Please see our returns page for details.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- waste of management or office time however arising.
- In accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 1987, we confirm that the Products that we supply as do not present a hazard to health and safety:
- when properly used for the purpose for which they are designed; and
- if you take reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
- Product(s) purchased from us are not intended for use by children or vulnerable persons.
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver Products you have ordered, or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to Products delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, Acts of God, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
Our principal means of communication with you will be electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notice on the Website. You agree to electronic communications and acknowledge that all contract, notice and other communication that we provide electronically comply with any requirement that they must be in writing. This does not affect your statutory rights.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us via email@example.com to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 10 days.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
Unless we have provided permission, in writing, you must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, link to, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website.